Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/04 06:18:18 UTC

Unable to export hadoop trunk into eclipse

Hi,
I checked out the hadoop trunck from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk.

I set up protobuf-2.5.0 and then did mvn  build.
mvn clean install -DskipTests .. worked well. Maven build was Successful.

So, I tried importing the project into eclipse.

It is showing errors in pom.xml of hadoop-common project. Below are the
errors .. Can some one help me here ?

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:
 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:version-info (execution: version-info, phase:
generate-resources

The error is at line 299  of pom.xml in hadoop-common project.

         <execution>
            <id>version-info</id>
            <phase>generate-resources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>version-info</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <source>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main</directory>
                <includes>
                  <include>java/**/*.java</include>
                  <include>proto/**/*.proto</include>
                </includes>
              </source>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
          <execution>

There are multiple projects which failed of that error, hadoop-common is
one such project.

Regards,
Nagarjuna K

Re: Unable to export hadoop trunk into eclipse

Posted by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com>.
Can any one help me here ?

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM, nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <
nagarjuna.kanamarlapudi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I installed..
>
> mvn clean install -DskipTests  was successful. Only import to eclipse is
> failing.
>

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you installed protobuf on your computer?
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/downloads/list
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM, nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <
>> nagarjuna.kanamarlapudi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ted,
>>>
>>> I didn't do that earlier.
>>>
>>> Now , I did it
>>> mvn:eclipse eclipse
>>>  and tried importing the projects same into eclipse. Now, this is
>>> throwing the following errors
>>>

>>> 1. No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc, in
>>> hadoop-common/pom.xml in Eclipse.  Please see Help for more information.
>>> 2. No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc, in

Posted by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com>.
Can any one help me here ?

Posted by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com>.
Can any one help me here ?