Posted to community@apache.org by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org> on 2010/06/25 20:54:47 UTC

committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Hello,

I am just sending this email to find out if there are any Apache committers,
PMCs or members living in Portugal, with the purpose of getting in touch.

cheers

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@apache.org / fdmanana@gmail.com

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org> wrote:

> According to the local mentors map, the nearest person is Carlos Sanchez,
> in Spain.
>
> If you're in Portugal, consider adding yourself to the app so people can
> find you :-) Instructions are at
> http://community.apache.org/localmentors.html
>
> Thanks. I'll do that :)

I was not aware of this mentors thing. It's great, as I would like to
contribute to some other projects besides CouchDB. But I'm not aware of what
their current needs. So a mentor would be great.

cheers

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana @ apache.org

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

Re: RE: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>wrote:

> Yep. Im in Galicia right now. Close enough? ;)

Hola.
Yes, close enough :) Never been there yet, but hope to pass by Galicia and
Asturias sometime later this summer.

I was trying to find people not too far away, with the objective of
eventually meet them one day and discuss and learn about the projects you
contribute to.

Good to see there are several.
I'll add you to my list :)

cheers

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> El lun, 28-06-2010 a las 13:19 +0200, Carlos Sanchez escribió:
> > Yep. Im in Galicia right now. Close enough? ;)
> >
> Depending on where in Portugal he resides I might be closer (Madrid).

Hola.

I'm in Lisbon. After the TGV, Madrid will be even closer :)

> Also, I seem to recall an Apache committer that used to be based in
> Porto or Coimbra, some years ago. The person I remember might be Paulo
> Gaspar, listed as "no-cla" in /etc/passwd in people.apache.org, which I
> think means we were not able to contact him when the CLA system was
> instituted around 2004.

There's no mail address or social network where he can be found?
That's strange.

> Google also shows Helder Magalhães (HM) listed as Batik committer and in
> Maia (Portugal)
> ( http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/contributors.html ).
>
> Interesting.

I'll add you to a list of mine.
Any passage by Portugal, let me know :)

cheers

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>.

Posted by Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> That's definitely a good idea.
>
> @Filipe: i'll be near Porto during the first two weeks (August).
> I can provide (off) my phone number.
>
> Jean-Louis

Awesome!

This sounds like a good opportunity to organise a lunch in Porto.
Anyone is welcome to join! :)

Perhaps it's not too far for Carlos Sanchez and Santiago Gala as well.

My xmpp is:  fdmanana@gmail.com. Feel free to add me.

People interested in coming, let us known your availability during the 2
first weeks of August.

cheers

> 2010/7/13 Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>:
> > On Fri Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> I am just sending this email to find out if there are any Apache
> >> committers, PMCs or members living in Portugal, with the purpose of
> >> getting in touch.
> >
> > Hmpf - got that message just a bit too late:
> >
> > http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/tag/vacation
> >

> > Just as an idea - something that works well in Berlin: After "noticing"
> > that there are several Apache affiliated people who live in Berlin or
> > visit the city regularly, we have setup a monthly Apache Dinner.
> > Everyone interested in Apache is welcome to join. Maybe something like
> > that might work in Lisboa or Porto as well?
> >

> http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/category/events/apache-dinner-berlin
> >
> > We are recruiting people from various sources: The local java user
> > group, the Apache Hadoop Get Together, friends/committers/members that
> > come here for a visit, the NoSQL meetup etc.
> >

> > Isabel

Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@apache.org

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
<jl...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hey Filipe,

Ola Jean-Louis,

> I've been working for the Apache OpenEJB project for more than one
> year as a committer.
> I live in France (center) but as you probably notice from my name,
> I've some portuguese origins.

I lived in France for about 2 years :)

> I'm used to go to Portugal, more exactly to Amarante which is closed to
> Porto.
> By the way, i plan to go (holidays) Portugal for the beginning of August.

That's great. Definitely I can not miss that.

> I would be more than happy if we can get together.

I'm in Lisbon, but that's no problem. Can go to Porto or anywhere else :)
I'll add you to my list.

cheers

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jl...@apache.org>.
Hey Filipe,

I've been working for the Apache OpenEJB project for more than one
year as a committer.
I live in France (center) but as you probably notice from my name,
I've some portuguese origins.

I'm used to go to Portugal, more exactly to Amarante which is closed to Porto.
By the way, i plan to go (holidays) Portugal for the beginning of August.

I would be more than happy if we can get together.

Kind regards,
Jean-Louis

2010/6/25 Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>:
> Hello,
>
> I am just sending this email to find out if there are any Apache committers,
> PMCs or members living in Portugal, with the purpose of getting in touch.
>
> cheers
>

> --
> Filipe David Manana,
> fdmanana@apache.org / fdmanana@gmail.com

> Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
> That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by je...@gmail.com.
Hey Filipe,