Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Huesgen, Chad" <ch...@litle.com> on 2008/09/02 16:09:50 UTC

Response Time Question

Hello All,

I just wanted to make sure that the response time that I am seeing is
what I think it is.  Basically when I use Jmeter-server I want to ensure
that the response time is the time that it takes for the response to go
from the Jmeter-server out to the web server and back to the
jmeter-server.  I just want to make sure it is not client to
jmeter-server to web server back to jmeter-server back to jmeter-client.
I looked around and did not see anything explaining this exactly.

Thanks,

Chad
NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is for the use of the addressee only. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged information belonging to Litle & Co. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message. If you believe you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system and notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail. Thank you.

Re: Response Time Question

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/09/2008, Huesgen, Chad <ch...@litle.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>  I just wanted to make sure that the response time that I am seeing is
>  what I think it is.  Basically when I use Jmeter-server I want to ensure
>  that the response time is the time that it takes for the response to go
>  from the Jmeter-server out to the web server and back to the
>  jmeter-server.

Yes.

>  I just want to make sure it is not client to
>  jmeter-server to web server back to jmeter-server back to jmeter-client.

No.