Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 14:35:58 UTC

jclouds abiquo

Hi,

I'm using jclouds-1.6.0 and I'd like to provision a new VM in abiquo using
the abstract API
In particular I want to specify a minRam property and also attach a second
NIC with a public IP to the vm. Is there any test/example I can reuse?

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: jclouds abiquo

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.
Currently there is no way to add a second NIC to the VM when using the
ComputeService. It will pick a public ip, or assign a private one if no
public ip address is available in the virtual datacenter (see [1]). If you
want to add a second NIC, you will have to use the provider specific API.

Perhaps we could add a "numberOfNics" method to the AbiquoTemplateOptions
[2], to manually set the the number of NICs to be attached to the VM. One
could think about having a "nics" method instead, to manually set which
nics should be attached, but that may not work when using the
"createNodesInGroup" to create more than one node, as all of them will
share the same template options.

To add the second NIC once the VM has been created, you can follow the
examples in the jclouds site [3]. Scroll down to the "Configuring
networking in virtual machines" section and you will find how to do that.
It might be a bit out of date (I'm pending to update the docs to the latest
version), but you'll get the idea and changes should be minimal.

HTH!

Ignasi

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/1.6.x/abiquo/src/main/java/org/jclouds/abiquo/compute/strategy/AbiquoComputeServiceAdapter.java#L146-L156