Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Bain, Michael" <Mi...@McKesson.com> on 2003/05/15 18:07:35 UTC

Properties Files

I am mavenizing a project that has dependencies that require .properties
files.  When I try to run maven with a goal of xdoc, I get a
MissingResourceException.  I have put the .properties file all over the
place, and can not figure out where it needs to be for maven to pick it up
and see it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Mike

message.

Re: Properties Files

Posted by Anthony Vito <vi...@mnis.com>.
Hey Mike. I had the same problem because I have a framework that allows
for package-based properties. So theirs nearly a file for every package.
I'm starting to switch over to preferences, but here's what I added to
the build section of project.xml.

<resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>**/*.properties</include>
        </includes>
      </resource>
</resources>

Now I'm using a beta-10 build, syntax may vary, hack as you please.

Anthony Vito

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 12:07, Bain, Michael wrote:
> I am mavenizing a project that has dependencies that require .properties
> files.  When I try to run maven with a goal of xdoc, I get a
> MissingResourceException.  I have put the .properties file all over the
> place, and can not figure out where it needs to be for maven to pick it up
> and see it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks...Mike

Re: Properties Files

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Can you post the actual exception from running maven -e xdoc or maven -X
-e xdoc?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au