Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2006/11/01 02:20:31 UTC

Re: replication test problems

: I also found this:
: http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2005/msg00295.html
:
: Obviously that won't work for bash or ksh.

interesting ... i allways assumed it worked because the shell wasn't
evaluating the * when executed by ssh, i had no idea the the shell tries
to expand it and leaves it alone if there is no expansion.

Bill: what do you think about explicitly putting in the single quotes as
Hui suggested?  that should still work under bash and sh right?

-Hoss

Re: replication test problems

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
I have created a bug to track this:

I will attach a patch to the bug shortly.

Bill

Posted by Yu-Hui Jin <yu...@gmail.com>.
Yap, Bill.

The backslash-escaping one works for my zsh as well.   And I'm sure you
checked it's working for other major shells.

So I would say backslash seems to be a good solution since you don't have to
worry about double-single quotes.

Thanks!

regards,
-Hui

On 11/1/06, Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did some testing and blackslash-escaping also works:
>
> find /home/yjin/apps/solr-nightly/example/solr/data/ -name snapshot.\*
> -print
>
> Hui, can you verify that?
>
> I am already using single quote in the snappuller script to specify the
> find
> command
> to as an argument to ssh.  I could change that to double quote and then
> use
> single quote for snapshot.*, or blackslash escape the *.
>
> I am fine with either way.  Does anyone has any strong preference?
> If not, I will just randomly choose one.
>
> Bill
>
> On 10/31/06, Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/31/06, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Bill: what do you think about explicitly putting in the single quotes
> as
> > > Hui suggested?  that should still work under bash and sh right?
> >
> > That should work in bash, at least.  Backslash-escaping is also an
> option.
> >
> > The semantics of file globbing in bash are irritating.
> >
> > -Mike

-Hui

Re: replication test problems

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.