Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by xav <xa...@eaton.com> on 2015/09/23 16:40:34 UTC

karaf-wrapper License

Hi all,

Just a question about karaf-wrapper License, I would like a clear answer
about the license.
do I need a particular license (tanuki), if I use karaf 3.XXX in the wrapper
mode.
I found answers about this subject, but unfortunaly, I am not sure of the
result!
Could you give me more information please.

Thx

Xav

Re: karaf-wrapper License

Posted by xav <xa...@eaton.com>.
Hi JB,

Thx a lot for this quick answers, it's ok for me.

Regards

Re: karaf-wrapper License

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Xav,

as you can see, we use an old Tanuki JSW version (3.2.3), because it's
the latest one using the MIT License (compliant with Apache).

Starting from JSW 3.3.0, Tanuki decided to use the GPL license, which is
not Apache compliant.

That's why we can't upgrade.

In your own project, you can do what you want ;)

Regards
JB

On 09/23/2015 04:40 PM, xav wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a question about karaf-wrapper License, I would like a clear answer
> about the license.
> do I need a particular license (tanuki), if I use karaf 3.XXX in the wrapper
> mode.
> I found answers about this subject, but unfortunaly, I am not sure of the
> result!
> Could you give me more information please.
>
> Thx
>
> Xav

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org