Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by fe2o3 <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 17:58:26 UTC

.NET interop issue with wrapped xmlrpc style message

I am working from an existing wsdl and some reference implementations written
in .NET (vb).  I am trying to implement a cxf service which satisfies the
wsdl (and xsd's) that I have as documentation.

Looking at the .NET snippet below, there is a <GetAdminResponse> which
contains an encoded <GetAdminResponse> payload.   Is the difference of the
two data snippets something that is common (with regard to wrapping, doc,
literal, BARE, etc... kinds of settings or does it look like the
implementors are simply doing some xmlrpc over soap thing?)

Thanks in advance for any help.  If I conclude that their wsdl is faulty I
was thinking of writing an interceptor to wrap this message.  Do any of the
existing Wrapper interceptors apply or function at the correct phase which
would help me?

Thanks,
Brad

.NET reference implementation (a .NET server response to a .NET client)
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <soap:Body>
    <GetAdminResponse xmlns="http://www.aftermarket.org/iShop/V3/soap">
      &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt; &lt;GetAdminResponse
      xmlns="http://www.aftermarket.org/iShop/V3/XMLSchema"&gt;
&lt;Admin&gt;
      &lt;CompanyName&gt;Acme Software Ltd.&lt;/CompanyName&gt;
&lt;/Admin&gt;
      &lt;Response&gt; &lt;Status&gt;OK&lt;/Status&gt; &lt;/Response&gt;
      &lt;/GetAdminResponse&gt;
    </GetAdminResponse>
  </soap:Body>
 </soap:Envelope>

CXF implementation (java/cxf server response to a .NET client (which doesn't
parse this response correctly))
 <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Body>
    <ns4:GetAdminResponse
xmlns="http://www.aftermarket.org/iShop/V3/XMLSchema"
      xmlns:ns2="http://www.aftermarket.org/iShop/V3/ACESVehicle"
      xmlns:ns3="http://www.axonet.de/4.0/awnres.xsd"
      xmlns:ns4="http://www.aftermarket.org/iShop/V3/soap">
      <Admin>
        <CompanyName>ACME</CompanyName>
        <SecurityRequirement>
          <None xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
            xmlns:ns6="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:type="ns6:int">
            1
          </None>
        </SecurityRequirement>
      </Admin>
    </ns4:GetAdminResponse>
  </soap:Body>
 </soap:Envelope>

As a side note,... to get wsdl2java to generate stubs correctly, I did
modify their wsdl to import the xsd's.  The snippet of what I changed is
below (commented out section is *their* schema)
<pre>
    <xs:import namespace="http://www.aftermarket.org/iShop/V3/XMLSchema"
schemaLocation="iShopMessages.xsd"/>

      <!-- xs:element name="GetOrderListRequest" type="xs:string"/>
      <xs:element name="GetOrderListResponse" type="xs:string"/-->

      <xs:element name="GetOrderListRequest"
type="ishop:GetOrderListRequestMessage"/>
      <xs:element name="GetOrderListResponse"
type="ishop:GetOrderListResponseMessage"/>
</pre>