Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by SOC IETY <in...@outlook.com> on 2014/10/29 21:30:20 UTC

EMBEDDING YOUTUBE INTO IMPRESS

     Good afternoon, I have tried unsuccessfully to add a you tube video to a simple

off the top of my head project just to have it done, nothing special. I have gone to

the Oracle site & installed jmf software. Now for some reason I still can't get the

video to embed in the presentation... I added a sample video from the library that

comes with Windows 7 32bit, so I know it can be done but, a video embedded from

YouTube!!!!

Is it possible & how is it done?

Bruce

Re: EMBEDDING YOUTUBE INTO IMPRESS

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
That said maybe is a good conversation to have. JMF was a broken solution
from is inception by having a deprecated product plugged into AOO for
political reasons because Sun needed to find a Java solution.

Novell replace this in Go-oo with gstreamer, however other engines like
libvlc or maybe more licence compatible solutiosn can work at the moment.
Not to mention JMF license might be incompatible atm.

Probably a feature to consider for 5.0.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM, FR web forum <oo...@free.fr> wrote:

> Don't anonying developer team with end-user problem.
> First, find an answer on our support forum.
> Example: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7694
> Feel free to register and post directly all your questions there.

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: EMBEDDING YOUTUBE INTO IMPRESS