Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by bs...@gmail.com on 2010/04/07 12:07:37 UTC

PDFToImage : needs TTS fonts ?

Hi,

I plan to use PDFToImage on Android devices. Of course we don't have many
fonts on this system.

How do you render the images ? Do you need font files/information ? or is
everything needed available inside the PDF file ?

I'd like to be able to display at least all european (east/west) characters.

Re: PDFToImage : needs TTS fonts ?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

bsegonnes@gmail.com schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to use PDFToImage on Android devices. Of course we don't have
> many fonts on this system.
>
> How do you render the images ? Do you need font files/information ? or
> is everything needed available inside the PDF file ?
It depends on the pdfs you would like to render. PDFs may contain all needed
fonts but they don't have to. Futhermore I'm afraid that pdfbox doesn't
yet support all kind of fonts.

> I'd like to be able to display at least all european (east/west)
> characters.
That's an additional possible issue. Depending on the used encoding there
could be some rendering problems.

But I don't want to discourage you to use pdfbox. Just try it. Perhaps you have
to remove some rarely used code/features so that you can rid of some jars to
minmize the memory footprint of pdfbox.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler