Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Heather Doone Nightingale <hd...@cisco.com> on 2011/06/16 18:02:25 UTC

Upgrade directly from axis2 ver 1.4.0 to axis2 ver 1.6.0 supported

  We are currently using version 1.4 of axis2 and are looking to upgrade
1.6. Is this upgrade path supported, or would we first have to upgrade
to 1.5?

  In version 1.6.0, were there any API changes that effect existing 1.4
APIs? Meaning we will have to modify existing code based on axis2 1.4
to support 1.6 changes?

  Thanks,
Heather

Re: Upgrade directly from axis2 ver 1.4.0 to axis2 ver 1.6.0 supported

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Heather Doone Nightingale
<hd...@cisco.com> wrote:

>  We are currently using version 1.4 of axis2 and are looking to upgrade 1.6.
> Is this upgrade path supported, or would we first have to upgrade to 1.5?

Better to upgrade to version 1.6.0  instead of 1.5.x.

>  In version 1.6.0, were there any API changes that effect existing 1.4 APIs?
> Meaning we will have to modify existing code based on axis2 1.4  to support
> 1.6 changes?

AFAIK there is no such large scale API changes but amount of
modification required  is depend on features you have used in your
application. My suggestion is use the latest version and see whether
you need any specific application modification or not. If you face any
issues write to this list.

Thanks !

>  Thanks,
> Heather

Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web      - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: Upgrade directly from axis2 ver 1.4.0 to axis2 ver 1.6.0 supported

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.