Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ariel <is...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 17:34:52 UTC

How to delete documents from an index and how to reset de remote multisearcher so the deleted docs not being shown in the search results ???

Hi every body:
I am using lucene version 2.3.2 to index and search my documents.
The problem is that I have a remote search server implemented this way:
[code]
	    Searcher parallelSearcher;
		try {
			parallelSearcher = new ParallelMultiSearcher(searchables);
		    parallelImpl = new RemoteSearchable(parallelSearcher);
			Naming.rebind(rmiUrlSearch, parallelImpl);
		} catch (RemoteException e) {
			log.error("ERROR" , e);
		} catch (MalformedURLException e) {
			log.error("ERROR" , e);
		} catch (IOException e) {
			log.error("ERROR" , e);
		}
[/code]
Then a client from another host connect to the search server to obtain
the search results. But when a document is deleted in the indexes in
the search server the deleted documents still appear in the search
results, the only way the deleted documents don't appear in the search
results is restarting the rmi in the search server.
Please could you help me to know what can I do to make that the
documents deleted don't appear in the search results when they are
deleted ???
I hope you can help me.
Regards
Ariel