Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/12/09 14:56:22 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] apache2 and win2K RE: [users@httpd] repost theweird problem ---apache test fail

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 05:56, #LIU HAIFENG# wrote:
> Hi chris,
>
> I have tried your build Apache_2.0.48-Openssl_0.9.7c-Win32.zip on two pcs, both are operated by windows2000, one with mcafee firewall installed and another without the firewall.  Apache worked on the one without firewall but failed on the one with firewall (even disabled).  I am still not sure if the problem is dependent on the installed firewall software.
>
> Really apericate your help on the problem!
>
> Haifeng

Haifeng,

This is good news...

I think you should take a close look at your firewall configuration.

I am testing Sygate Personal Firewall for another department at work.
They remotely configure it. I have had to uninstall it several times
because it was interfering with my work wiht Apache, cURL and my own TCP
message handler.

Chris