Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Alexander Bernstein <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/22 14:30:03 UTC

Use of PublicSuffixMatcherLoader and CookieSpecRegistries with simple host names

Hello,
In Apache client 4.5, by default, org.apache.http.impl.client.HttpClientBuilder.build() uses PublicSuffixMatcherLoader (line 926) to create cookie specs registry, like this:CookieSpecRegistries.createDefault(publicSuffixMatcherCopy), on line 1173.
The PublicSuffixMatcherLoader class does not allow host names with no suffixes, i.e. at least one dot character must be present in the name.

We have lots of automated test environments where simple names, such as "host1", are used. And we believe that our customers might have similar setups. Since we upgraded to 4.5, these environments are broken.

Is there any way, or what is the right way, to configure these classes to allow host names with no dots?

Many thanksAlex Bernstein