Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Matty <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/30 20:33:53 UTC

RAISE_SIGSTOP macro

Howdy,

While reviewing the make_child code in prefork.c, I came across the
RAISE_SIGSTOP macro. It looks like this macro allows you to utilize gdb to
attach at specific locations based on the value of raise_sigstop_flags. I
checked through the mailing list archives and saw that this code was
committed by Dean Gaudet:

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:N9zuszgPn0IJ:www.mailarchives.org/list/apache_dev/msg/1997/13196+apache+RAISE_SIGSTOP&hl=en

For whatever reason the '-Z' option has been removed from main.c, but the
code that relies on this option still exists. Does anyone happen to know
if this code is still used for debugging?

Thanks for any insight,
- Ryan
--
UNIX Administrator