Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Steven Peterson <sp...@listpilot.com> on 2006/10/09 20:13:13 UTC

Can ApacheDS serve as a Virtual Directory with a RDB back-end (without customization)?

Hi All,

I apologize if this is not the place to ask this question, but I could
not find an Apache DS 'users' list.

I need an LDAP interface to a relational database.  I am working with a
package that can speak to any LDAP server but not to a relational
database.  However, all the data is maintained in a relational
database.  So my thought is to find an LDAP server that I can plug into
the database at the back-end.  It can be read-only.  Can I use ApacheDS
for this?

- Steve Peterson