Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zong Peng <zo...@umail.iu.edu> on 2011/09/02 23:40:14 UTC

Solr returning partial termvector

Hi,

I am using the nightly built version solr4. Is there a way to let solr
return just the frequency and offset of a particular word, for example
"war". Now I can only get the whole termvector for a field, which cause a
lot of overhead.

for instance, I am using"
http://localhost:8888/solr/select/?&qt=tvrh&q=text:war&tv.tf=true" and it
takes long time to get all the term vectors back. If I can get only the
frequency and offset of "war" out of the termvector of text field,
efficiency can be much improved. Is there any way to do that?

thanks,
Zong

Re: Solr returning partial termvector

Posted by Zong Peng <zo...@umail.iu.edu>.
Plus, for the function query termfreq(), it does not support wild card or
phrase query. it just support simple word. Is there anybody having
experience about those term vector issues?

thanks,
Zong