Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Danijel Komljenovic <da...@codamax.com> on 2001/08/09 09:10:18 UTC

Is there a way to read xml-configurations from the sitemap?

Hi!

Usually, there are <map:parameter> elements which can be accessed in the
setup() method of a Transformer. But this kind of Parameter-providing allows
only simple String values and no hierachy at all. What I need is to pass
nested parameters into my Transformer.

I've written a class for filtering XML documents - implemented as a
Transformer.
It is target at extracting xml-fragments. The parameters I need are nested,
like

<map:match ....>

..
<map:transform ...>
    <ElementFilter-tree name="testtree">
        <ElementFilter name="report-definitions">
            <ElementFilter name="report" attribute="name"
attribute-value="{1}">
                <ElementFilter name="title"/>
                <ElementFilter name="chart" attribute="name"
attribute-value="{2}"/>
            </ElementFilter>
        </ElementFilter>
    </ElementFilter-tree>
  </map:transform>
</map:match>

Currently I load this data from a separate file, which is not very
convienient. From
my point of view it should be in the sitemap and accessible to the Site
Designer.
Too make a long story short ... Is there any way to include this kind of
parameter
in the sitemap and access it from the setup method. Any help here will be
strongly
appreciated.

As a fallback I thought about passing in one parameter with CDATA, which I
intend
to parse then inside the setup Method. Will this work? One very critical
disadvantage
would be that I cannot use the parameter substitution anymore.

Regards, Danijel.

Re: cocoon + tomcat in window2000 services

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
I agree. I've run Tomcat 4.0-rc2 with Cocoon2.0-rc1 on Win 98, Red Hat
6.2 and Solaris 2.8 without making ANY changes to the jars or any
catalina configuration/startup scripts.

The only problem I ever had was that Catalina crashed with Cocoon2 under
JDK1.2.2 on all three platforms; I had to upgrade to 1.3.0/1.

Lajos
galatea.com

Posted by Ed Nixon <ed...@LynnParkPlace.org>.

Posted by Ling Kok Choon <ko...@brel.com>.
Hi,

  Jeremy, Luca Morandini, Lajos Moczar and Derek Hohls,  thank for yours reply and answer.

regards,

Kok Choon.
Name: Ling Kok Choon
E-mail: Ling Kok Choon <ko...@brel.com>
Date: 10/18/01
Time: 08:53:44

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
Ling,

	have you already tried to rename them (zparser.jar and zjaxp.jar) ?

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org
           +39 0744 598 51    Office
           +39  335 681 02 12 Mobile

Posted by Ling Kok Choon <ko...@brel.com>.
Hi Lajos Moczar,

   Currently, i use Cocoon2 version beta 2, now i manage to upgrade to version rc1....

Date: 10/24/01
Time: 14:59:34

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
Hi Ling,

What version of Cocoon 2 are you running? I've run 2.0rc1 with Tomcat
3.2.2 after deleting both parser.jar and jaxp.jar, and copying
xerces_1_x_x.jar from the Cocoon2 build directory to %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib.
That did the trick for me.

Lajos
galatea.com

Date: 10/22/01
Time: 11:37:24

Date: 10/17/01
Time: 17:07:46

This message was sent by Z-Mail Pro - from NetManage
NetManage - delivers Standards Based IntraNet Solutions
For additional commands, e-mail:

---------------------------------
Nokia Game is on again.

Date: 10/17/01
Time: 17:07:46

AW: Is there a way to read xml-configurations from the sitemap?

Posted by Danijel Komljenovic <dk...@codamax.com>.
Thanx!

unfortunally I've realized and implemented this already, but I acutally want
to avoid multiple configuration files.

danijel

Am Freitag, 10. August 2001 10:46 schrieben Sie: