Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI)" <SI...@euro.who.int> on 2005/06/06 10:43:41 UTC

New XHTML editor for lenya ?

Has anyone managed to integrate a new XHTML editor ?

I noticed that Kupu is not fully compatible with Internet Explorer (problems
with images and saving). After looking over Internet, I found a tool called
FCKeditor that looks very good. Has anyone managed to integrate it to Lenya
?  What are the different operations for doing so ?

Thanks,
Sebastien.

Re: Wiki comment: IE on windows only (Re: New XHTML editor for lenya ?)

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Roger Stupf wrote:

>> you need to create an account first ;)
>

> Hm, it seems I'm slow today too; I created an account and logged in;
> but it seems the page is protected...

ah.. recently, a cache was put in front of the wiki to ease load on the
server. if you request the page with a ? it should bypass the cache.

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ProposalEditors?action=edit

sorry about that, the caching details are still being worked out by ASF
infrastrcture volunteers.

Re: Wiki comment: IE on windows only (Re: New XHTML editor for lenya ?)

Posted by Roger Stupf <ro...@unicom.unizh.ch>.
Hi Gregor

>>>  you can add your comments to http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/
>>> ProposalEditors
>>>
>> I'm really slow today (again), so i failed to see anything close
>> to an "edit" link. Anyway, i just remembered i saw this on the
>> wiki page regarding FCKEditor:
>>

> you need to create an account first ;)

Hm, it seems I'm slow today too; I created an account and logged in;
but it seems the page is protected...

Aloha,
Roger

Re: Wiki comment: IE on windows only (Re: New XHTML editor for lenya ?)

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Rolando Isidoro wrote:
> In addiction to what Sebastien stated, Kupu and BXE seem to be lesser
> editing solutions for Lenya. During the life cicle of a publication we
> can identify developers, designers, managers, administrators and
> authors. While the first ones are usually skilled people in their
> duties, I always tend to look at authors as people with no HTML
> knowledge, who are used to word processing applications, where
> everything is WYSIWYG and expect that with a few clicks in the mouse and
> the keyboard they can have a good looking document. Often, most of the
> time actually, while performing some simple authoring tasks with BXE or
> Kupu (still my favorite given the choices), such as table customizations
> or links behavior, I find myself editing HTML source code to get the
> expected results, which, in my opinion, shouldn't be the case in order
> to make Lenya as usable as possible.

to be fair, the kupu integration is only about 30% done. you can add
your comments to http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ProposalEditors

Re: RES: New XHTML editor for lenya ?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Gustavo Nalle Fernandes wrote:
> I am currently working in lenya FCKEditor integration. At the moment, I
> could only implemented a single usecase (Open document). I´ll be working on
> the others in the next few weeks.
> Looking at TinyMCE, I found it very similar to FCKEditor in terms of
> functionality.
> Both cover the gaps and limitations of Kupu.

cool! please note that we will not be able to ship lenya with FCKEditor
because it is LGPL. take that into account when you design the
integration :)

RES: New XHTML editor for lenya ?

Posted by Gustavo Nalle Fernandes <gu...@terra.com.br>.
I am currently working in lenya FCKEditor integration. At the moment, I
could only implemented a single usecase (Open document). I´ll be working on
the others in the next few weeks.
Looking at TinyMCE, I found it very similar to FCKEditor in terms of
functionality.
Both cover the gaps and limitations of Kupu.

[]s
Gustavo

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.