Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/06/13 11:45:40 UTC

Hipchat Room for Apache Women?

Hi Everyone

I discovered Hipchat last week (well I knew Infra were using it!) but found it to be quite a nice informal online environment.

I was wondering whether this could be a good way to bring together our existing community of women so that they can get to know each other and generally just hangout. The rooms can be public or private, plus there is one to one chat.

What do people think?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Unsubscribe trailers

Posted by Don Cunningham <ot...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe now getting way to much juck on my phone and email.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
I see that we're setting the List-Unsubscribe header already here, but in
GMail I don't see an unsubscribe decorator next to the "from" address.
Maybe there is another step to make it happen?
I'm not an email guy, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be.

Mike

Posted by "jleroux@apache.org" <jl...@apache.org>.
+1 for everywhere!

Jacques

Le 13/06/2016 � 16:28, Pierre Smits a �crit :

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Tail-gating on this so I mention it somewhere at least.

One problem that I have noticed, and I don't know how systematic it is, is that when a post uses HTML formatting, the list robot may not provide the trailer in a form that actually has it be visible to a recipient.

This has led, in the past, to users being dissed by other users for not paying attention to footers that, in fact, they don't see.  (It's one of those "works for me" disconnects.)

One action I can take is to request that list moderators on projects I support provide the level of civility exhibited by Mark Thomas and simply honor unsubscribe requests and confirm it to the list.  I will do that too.

I am acting on the practice now.  What the robot/archiver does is beyond me.

 - Dennis

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Hipchat Room for Apache Women?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/06/2016 14:52, james pruett wrote:
> please remove me from these emails.

Done.

Unsubscribe instructions - was: Re: Hipchat Room for Apache Women?

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Hi James:

I’m not an administrator on this list, so I can’t do it directly for you, but…

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

Posted by james pruett <gp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
How about diversity@apache.org? I hope I would still be welcome! :)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
We do, at least I do, and I'm certainly not alone :)

Jacques

Le 14/06/2016  15:21, Patricia Shanahan a crit :

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I was wondering whether this could be a good way to bring together our existing community of women so
> that they can get to know each other and generally just hangout....

FWIW I recently read about http://anitaborg.org/get-involved/systers/
(after someone mentioned it on one of our lists) and that looks like a
great group.

Diversity issues are industry wide IMO, so it might be more efficient
for people interested in those topics to join such groups, and then
come back with ideas about how to improve things.

Discussing concrete suggestions here with a [diversity] subject line
tag is perfectly fine IMO, but the issues are larger than just the
ASF.

-Bertrand