Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by ritu gaud <ur...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/01/15 06:35:26 UTC

hello

hello,
  can plz anyone guide me, how the

  axis2_math_stub.c ,
  math_client.c ,
  math_skeleton.c and
  math.c

  files are used to generate the final exe i.e math.exe ?

  thank you.

  Urvashi

---------------------------------

Re: generating .dll of server

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
hi ritu,

If you can take a checkout of source distribution, you can find the relevent
vc2005 projects for
axis2c , services and client programes in <axis2c checkout
directory>\ides\vc\axis2c directory.

If you are going to create the project yourself then do the following.

New Project -> Visual C++ -> win32->console application
in application setting select dll and empty project options and then add
your files to the project.
In preprosessor options add AXIS2_DECLARE_EXPORT macro.

And in linker options add axis2_engine.lib axiom.lib axis2_util.lib .

Regards
Nandika

Re: [Axis2]VC2005 Build problem (was Re: hello)

Posted by ritu gaud <ur...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi nandika,

  thanks a lot. i got .exe by ur help.

  thanks,

  bye.

Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
  hi ritu,

you need to have following .lib files in your LIB path to avoid there errors,
The libraries are
   axis2_util.lib  axis2_engine.lib axiom.lib axis2_parser.lib

you will find these libraries in <axis2 binary directory>\lib directory.

If you are building using a vc project , add these to properties->linker->input->Additional Dependencies.

regards
Nandika

  On 1/24/07, ritu gaud <ur...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:    hello,

  these r the linking errors

  error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_log_impl_log_error referenced in function _wmain

  math.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_svc_client_create@8 referenced in function _wmain

  math.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_options_create@4 referenced in function _wmain

  math.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_endpoint_ref_create@8 referenced in function _wmain

  math.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_strcmp@8 referenced in function _wmain

  math.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_env_create_all@8 referenced in function _wmain

  math.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__axiom_namespace_create@12 referenced in function "struct axiom_node * __cdecl build_om_payload_for_echo_svc(struct axis2_env const *)" (? build_om_payload_for_echo_svc@@YAPAUaxiom_node@@PBUaxis2_env@@@Z )

Nandika Jayawardana < jayawark@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi ritu,

can you send the link error messages,

Thanks
Nandika

  On 1/24/07, Dinesh Premalal < xydinesh@gmail.com > wrote:   Hi Urvashi,

ritu gaud < urvashi_gaud@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> i downloaded the VC2005 Express Edition and set all the library and home path
> correctly, still i hv a problem while linking, same errors are persisting.
> is there any other settings also?
> which source file u compiled and linkd to generate .exe, i tried both echo.c
> and math.c, hv u made any changes to code?
These days there is performance tuning changes in
progress. Therefore  there may be major changes to code base but we
always make sure to keep a stable build. I think linking problem
occur not because changes in code base but some other reason. I'm
afraid , I'm not familiar with VC to suggest a solution. Be patient :)

thanks,
Dinesh

ps: please make sure to have [Axis2] prefix for axis2c related threads :)

--
Dinesh Premalal
dinesh@wso2.com

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

generating .dll of server

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
hi ritu,

Posted by ritu gaud <ur...@yahoo.co.in>.
  hello,

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi ritu,

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Urvashi,

Re: hello

Posted by ritu gaud <ur...@yahoo.co.in>.
hello,
  i downloaded the VC2005 Express Edition and set all the library and home path correctly, still i hv a problem while linking, same errors are persisting.
  is there any other settings also?
  which source file u compiled and linkd to generate .exe, i tried both echo.c and math.c, hv u made any changes to code?
  plz guide me.

  thank you,
  Urvashi.

Nabeel Yoosuf <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

  On 1/16/07, ritu gaud <ur...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:    hello,
   thank u very much for ur such useful help, bt i got stucked again,
  i am trying to run math.c (math_skeleton.c, math.h) to generate math.exe, bt this project get compiled successfully, bt while linking gvs me errors like

  math.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__axiom_text_create@16

  math.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__axiom_element_create@20

  math.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__axiom_namespace_create@12

  math_skeleton.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_array_list_create@8

  math_skeleton.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__axis2_strcmp@8

  LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/math.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
  math.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

  hv u tried to generate exe? which file shud i include in vc++ project, to remove above linking errors?

According to the errors, vc++ cannot find the axiom and util libraries. It seems that either path to axis2 lib is incorrect or not set. In the vc project check whether you have set the library path to $AXIS2C_FOLDER/lib.

Nabeel.

PS. I am using VC 2005 Express edition, which is available free of charge.

    thank you.

  Urvashi

Nabeel Yoosuf < nabeel.yoosuf@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,

If you are using the 0.96 binary distribution, for the time being you can compile in Linux/Windows with the following steps. (Windows bin release does not provide assistance on building samples yet, I'll file a JIRA for you.)

In Windows [vc project]
==================
download and extract mathvc.zip from [1] to $AXIS2C_FOLDER/samples/client
you'll need to set include path to $AXIS2C_FOLDER/include and set path to other required libraries listed in the installation guide

This will place the math.exe file inside Debug folder

In Windows [with nmake]
===================
download and extract build.zip from [1] to $AXIS2C_FOLDER
you'll need to update $AXIS2C_FOLDER/build/win32/configure.in

vcvars32.bat
nmake axis2_client_math

This will place math.exe in $AXIS2C_FOLDER/bin/samples

In Linux
======
cd $AXIS2C_FOLDER/samples
./configure

This will create the Makefile for each sample.

cd client/math
make

If you are using Windows src distribution, there are VC projects under ide section.

HTH,
Nabeel.
[1] http://people.apache.org/~nabeel/axis2c/tmp/

  On 1/15/07, ritu gaud <urvashi_gaud@yahoo.co.in > wrote:   hello,