Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/14 20:07:54 UTC

Question about kars vs custom distribution

I was wondering if anyone could explain the situations when you would use a
custom distribution for Karaf vs a kar with the Karaf configurations
customized?  Is it preference?  Or is there an advantage of one over the
other?

Ryan

Re: Question about kars vs custom distribution

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
If you do some minor customization of Karaf config files and maybe
packaging an extra jar for the lib directory such as bouncy castle, would
that be fine with a kar?  My thought is if I could prevent needing to
redeploy a distribution when I need to make a Karaf system config change
and instead just re-apply a new version of a KAR file to update the
deployments..... Not sure if that will work how I'm hoping....

Ryan

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.