Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 17:11:07 UTC

[VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 2.2.3

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 2.2.3 release of Apache
MyFaces core out.

The artifacts passed the TCK test of Feb 2013 (jsftck-2.2_26-Feb-2013.zip).

Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
 1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.shared" v4.2.2  [1]
 2. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.core" v2.2.3  [1]

The artifacts were deployed on nexus repo [1] and to my private
Apache account [3] for binary and source packages.

The release notes could be found at [4].

Also the clirr test does not show binary incompatibilities with myfaces-api.

Please take a look at the "2.2.3" artifacts and vote!

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
+1 votes (see [3]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
 and why..............

Leonardo Uribe

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1016/org/apache/myfaces/
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes
[3] http://people.apache.org/~lu4242/myfaces223binsrc
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=12326543

Re: [VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 2.2.3

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The problem is caused because h:outputScript and h:outputStylesheet
are the only components that does not have implemented its attributes
in the component class, and instead they use an instance of UIOutput.
This cause a problem with the new algorithm in place for html5
friendly markup, because it tries to detect when to put the attribute
on the normal component attribute map or in the passthrough attribute
map using this condition.

At first view, the solution is deal with the problem as an exception
to the rule.

For the ones interested in follow the discussion in jsr344 users list,
take a look at:

https://java.net/projects/javaserverfaces-spec-public/lists/users/archive/2014-03/message/35

There is no other choice than to fix the bug and try again a new
release. I'll do that next week.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Michael Kurz <mi...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Michael Kurz <mi...@gmx.at>.
-1

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathonpm.com>.
+1

--
Grant Smith - V.P. Information Technology
Marathon Computer Systems, LLC.

Re: [VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 2.2.3

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1