Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2011/11/18 10:49:00 UTC

Scripts output oddity

I realized yesterday night that tests in rivet-namespace failed
because of a spurious carriage return showed up in the channel
output buffer.

I verified the same character appears also with code in trunk but
it cannot be a change in Tcl.

Rivet scripts are made out of the concatenation of the BeforeScript,
plus the script referenced in the URL, plus the AfterScript.

The unexpected CR comes just after the output of the URL script, so
either I accept it as is or I have to debug the Tcl channel internal
buffer. Suggestions before I dive into this?

  -- Massimo

Re: Scripts output oddity *SOLVED*

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
the last broken tests have been fixed and now the branch is set up to
be
reintegrated into trunk. Some tests have been reworked, I hope
I didn't turn them into self fulfilling tests, but I think they needed
some massage...

I will allow one more week before merging it back into the main
development, so that anyone curious to see it can compile and test it.

I will check the docs, they certainly need some work to account for
the latest changes.

  -- Massimo

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@gmail.com>.
Good work, Massimo.  Thank you.