Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "C. Bensend" <be...@bennyvision.com> on 2007/03/03 02:51:22 UTC

Getting the breakdown of the rules and scores in every email

Hey folks,

   I'm running 3.1.8 on OpenBSD 4.0-STABLE, with sa-update snagging
updates and a subset of the SARE rules.  YAY sa-update, what a
snazzy addition to SpamAssassin.  :)

   I have report_safe set to 0 via SQL userprefs, so message bodies
are not modified, only headers.

   Now, on spam messages, I get the X-Spam-Report header like so:

     * 1.7 SARE_MLB_Stock1 BODY: SARE_MLB_Stock1
     * 1.8 TVD_FUZZY_SYMBOL BODY: TVD_FUZZY_SYMBOL
     * 1.7 SARE_LWTARGETP BODY: SARE_LWTARGETP
     * 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
     * 0.3 HTML_FONT_BIG BODY: HTML tag for a big font size
     * 0.0 UPPERCASE_25_50 message body is 25-50% uppercase

   I would very much like to add that to _all_ messages, and I
know how to do that (add_report all something blah), but the part
I'm missing is the "something" and the "blah".

   'add_header all FullReport _SUMMARY_' is almost there:

     -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
     [score: 0.0000]

   I think I'm on a roll, when I find this posting from Matt Kettler:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-users&m=117008065926512&w=2

stating that _SUMMARY_ is only intended for in-body reports, ie, not
what I'm doing.  But I SEE what I want in the headers of messages
tagged as spam!  So...  It has to work somehow, right?  What
incantation of 'add_header all something blah' brings forth the same
header display?  I'm making an assumption that it _is_ an 'add_header
spam something blah' sort of thing, I guess...

   It would be helpful if there were some list of all the macros that
can be used, but I didn't find that either...  Is there such a thing?
I've been through the wiki and Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and such...

Thanks much,

Benny

--
"During the Armageddon, only two things will survive - cockroaches and
Cher."                    -- "What's her bra size" online game

Re: Getting the breakdown of the rules and scores in every email

Posted by "C. Bensend" <be...@bennyvision.com>.
> perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>
> Search for 'TEMPLATE TAGS'

Geh.  Ever stared at something so long, that you completely
miss the obvious?  Yeah, me too.

Thanks a bunch, Dave.

Benny

Posted by David Goldsmith <dg...@sans.org>.

Re: Getting the breakdown of the rules and scores in every email

Posted by "C. Bensend" <be...@bennyvision.com>.
>>    I would very much like to add that to _all_ messages, and I
>> know how to do that (add_report all something blah), but the part
>> I'm missing is the "something" and the "blah".
>>
>>    'add_header all FullReport _SUMMARY_' is almost there:
>
> This works for me:
>
> add_header  ham     Report _REPORT_

That is _precisely_ what I was looking for.

Thanks very much, and sorry I missed those macros.

Benny

Posted by David Goldsmith <dg...@sans.org>.

C. Bensend wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
>    I'm running 3.1.8 on OpenBSD 4.0-STABLE, with sa-update snagging
> updates and a subset of the SARE rules.  YAY sa-update, what a
> snazzy addition to SpamAssassin.  :)
>
>    I have report_safe set to 0 via SQL userprefs, so message bodies
> are not modified, only headers.
>
>    Now, on spam messages, I get the X-Spam-Report header like so:

>      * 1.7 SARE_MLB_Stock1 BODY: SARE_MLB_Stock1
>      * 1.8 TVD_FUZZY_SYMBOL BODY: TVD_FUZZY_SYMBOL
>      * 1.7 SARE_LWTARGETP BODY: SARE_LWTARGETP
>      * 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
>      * 0.3 HTML_FONT_BIG BODY: HTML tag for a big font size
>      * 0.0 UPPERCASE_25_50 message body is 25-50% uppercase
>

>    I would very much like to add that to _all_ messages, and I
> know how to do that (add_report all something blah), but the part
> I'm missing is the "something" and the "blah".
>
>    'add_header all FullReport _SUMMARY_' is almost there:

This works for me:

add_header  ham     Report _REPORT_

Dave

>      -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
>      [score: 0.0000]
>

>    I think I'm on a roll, when I find this posting from Matt Kettler:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-users&m=117008065926512&w=2
>
> stating that _SUMMARY_ is only intended for in-body reports, ie, not
> what I'm doing.  But I SEE what I want in the headers of messages
> tagged as spam!  So...  It has to work somehow, right?  What
> incantation of 'add_header all something blah' brings forth the same
> header display?  I'm making an assumption that it _is_ an 'add_header
> spam something blah' sort of thing, I guess...
>
>    It would be helpful if there were some list of all the macros that
> can be used, but I didn't find that either...  Is there such a thing?
> I've been through the wiki and Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and such...
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Benny

- --
"My company will receive a ten fold return from the investment in SANS
Security training."
Cary Polk, Humanna Inc.