Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Vermeulen, Francis" <Fr...@atosorigin.com> on 2002/12/02 17:25:08 UTC

Cocoon not compatible with latest Avalon/Excalibur version?

Hi folks,

we are trying to invoke an application framework from within Cocoon by means
of a custom transformer. This framework itself uses Avalon/Excalibur
components through a separate component and role manager, instantiated from
within the framework. The framework is developed using the version 4.1.2 of
Avalon and 4.1 of Excalibur and works fine in "stand-alone"mode when invoked
from our own servlet. However when invoked from the custom transformer in
Cocoon version 2.0.3, the Avalon/Excalibur part doesn't work because we are
then using the version supplied with Cocoon as libraries. So to me it looks
as if Cocoon comes bundled with its own version of Avalon/Excalibur that is
not compatible with the latest release of these. Can anyone confirm this and
if so, point us in the direction of a solution. Can we use the Cocoon
configuration to define our own components and roles? Thanks in advance for
the help.

Regards,
Francis

Ing. FRA Vermeulen
Senior J2EE Architect
ECM Solutions - Eindhoven
mobiel: +31 (0) 6 222 03 856
e-mail: francis.vermeulen@atosorigin.com

Re: Cocoon not compatible with latest Avalon/Excalibur version?

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 17:25, Vermeulen, Francis wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> we are trying to invoke an application framework from within Cocoon by means
> of a custom transformer. This framework itself uses Avalon/Excalibur
> components through a separate component and role manager, instantiated from
> within the framework. The framework is developed using the version 4.1.2 of
> Avalon and 4.1 of Excalibur and works fine in "stand-alone"mode when invoked
> from our own servlet. However when invoked from the custom transformer in
> Cocoon version 2.0.3, the Avalon/Excalibur part doesn't work because we are
> then using the version supplied with Cocoon as libraries.

What exactly do you mean with "doesn't work"? Do you get any exceptions
or just strange behaviour?

>  So to me it looks
> as if Cocoon comes bundled with its own version of Avalon/Excalibur that is
> not compatible with the latest release of these.

Wouldn't it help to simply recompile your own framework against the
avalon libraries that ship with cocoon?

bruno@outerthought.org