Posted to users@maven.apache.org by boulouk <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/17 11:20:26 UTC

Problem on making a jar file for a test class

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a jar file for a file that is to the test package. If I
execute this file from the eclipse as a java application, is executed very
well! When I try to execute the same file, that is built-up to a jar file, I
can't! Does any body know what is probably the problem?

Thank you,
George

Re: Problem on making a jar file for a test class

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I'm trying to make a jar file for a file that is to the test package. If I
> execute this file from the eclipse as a java application, is executed very
> well! When I try to execute the same file, that is built-up to a jar file, I
> can't! Does any body know what is probably the problem?

Unzip the jar file that Maven constructs for you. I doubt you will
find your class file within it.

By default, Maven does not include test classes in your jar. You can
produce a test-jar which has those classes, or move the class from
under src/test/java to src/main/java, or add configuration to your pom
to do this.

Wayne