Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hari_s <ha...@indonesian-aerospace.com> on 2003/12/15 04:25:56 UTC

split table

hi all
is it possible to split table into separate pages with logic iterate ?

I'd appreciate any help people could give.

Regards

Hari

Re: split table

Posted by Derek Clarkson <dc...@waterwerks.com.au>.
Hi Hari,
Presuming that you are doing this for printing so that titles of tables, etc,
appear on every page - I don't think there is a way to do this in struts
because what you are asking is essentially a client end thing. i.e. it is the
browser that knows the page size, etc of the locally configured printer and
therefore handles the payout.

A few months ago I looked into pagination control via css which looked to be
the answer. Basically there are css settings for controlling when and how
page breaks occur similar to those used in DTP packages. Unfortunately
though, when I tried them out I was unable to get them to work. It's hard to
tell thanks to browsers not reporting unknown tags or errors in css, but it
appears that this is a feature which is still too new to be readily available
in the current crop of browsers.

So in the end I gave up. ;-( If you do find a way to handle this, let me know
please.

Regards,
Derek.

On Monday 15 December 2003 14:25, Hari_s wrote:
> hi all
> is it possible to split table into separate pages with logic iterate ?
>
> I'd appreciate any help people could give.
>
> Regards
>
> Hari

Derek Clarkson

.O. Analyst/Programmer