Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tim Noell <tn...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 18:53:01 UTC

More Info on Re: svn operations on a dir node show files in it, but operations explicitly on files fail

More on this ...

The "file@rev" (PEG revision) formulation seems to work for these files. e.g.,

galaxy 0 ~% svn ls -r 127892
https://mls:8043/mls3/lf/futures/next/branches/StrikerEng/archives/eea/thineng/Striker/apps/colorcal_app_align.c

svn: REPORT request failed on
'/mls3/!svn/bc/129661/lf/futures/next/branches/StrikerEng/archives/eea/thineng/Striker/apps/colorcal_app_align.c'
svn: File not found: revision 127478, path
'/lf/futures/next/wip/thineng/Striker/apps/colorcal_app_align.c'

fails, while:

galaxy 1 ~% svn ls
https://mls:8043/mls3/lf/futures/next/branches/StrikerEng/archives/eea/thineng/Striker/apps/colorcal_app_align.c@127892
colorcal_app_align.c

succeeds.

Howeverr, this file exists in all revisions from when it was created
(r127892) up to and including HEAD.  So, the "file@rev" (PEG) formulation
shouldn't be needed, right?

Even if file@rev formulation is needed, the behaviour is inconsistent
between the files that were added at the same time (r127892).  .buildname
and colorcal_app_align.h are fine with either form, while
colorcal_app_align.c, colorcal_app_rto.h and colorcal_app_rto.c only work
with the file@rev formulation, yet all files were created in the repo at the
same time.

Sill Scratching My Head,
T.

--
// "Only dead fish go with the flow"

Re: More Info on Re: svn operations on a dir node show files in it, but operations explicitly on files fail

Posted by Tim Noell <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan:

Thx for the suggestion.

However, the file exists in all revisions from HEAD back to when it was
added.   Shouldn't that be good enough for the -r 127892 formulation of the
command to work?  svn doesn't need a hint to find this incarnation of the
file in that place with that name ...

Anyway, I searched the logs with -v, and this file has never existed and
been deleted in any previous revisions, so the PEG formulation shouldn't be
requried (but it is).

Also, I completed an svnadmin verify of this repo and it did not report any
errors.

Any more ideas out there?
T.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.