Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/03/07 21:27:03 UTC

Re: HttpClient v 4 Alpha 3: WARNING: Invalid use of SingleClientConnManager: connection still allocated.

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 19:42 +0100, Tov Are Jacobsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a warning and an Exception stack-trace for every single
> connection I do after the first one.
>
> I consumeContent after each request, so I think my code should be ok
> ... and it works as well, but I wonder
>  if it's possible to find a way to not get those warnings (because it
> makes it harder to focus on the real issues with my code)
>

> 06.mar.2008 18:50:43 org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager
> revokeConnection
>  WARNING: Invalid use of SingleClientConnManager: connection still allocated.
> Make sure to release the connection before allocating another one.
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Revoking connection to
> HttpRoute[{s}->https://xxx.xxxxxx.xx]
>      at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.revokeConnection(SingleClientConnManager.java:345)
>     at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.getConnection(SingleClientConnManager.java:220)
>     at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.getConnection(SingleClientConnManager.java:195)
>      at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultClientRequestDirector.allocateConnection(DefaultClientRequestDirector.java:508)
>     at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultClientRequestDirector.execute(DefaultClientRequestDirector.java:293)
>      at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:500)
>     at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:455)
>     at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:421)
>      at no.telerespons.statistikk.GetStat.downloadFile(GetStat.java:120)
>     at no.telerespons.statistikk.GetStat.main(GetStat.java:43)
>
> Btw. the idea behind the release strategy is great ... but I'm so used
> to unallocate that it feels a bit like black magic :-)
>
> Btw. when is the next alpha or betal comming out?
>
> Thanks !

Tov Are,

This is weird. I am unable to reproduce the problem locally. What
release of HttpClient 4.0 are you using? Would it be a deal for you to
try to reproduce the problem using a concise, self-contained test case?

Oleg