Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Puneet Kaur <pu...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 13:21:45 UTC

add a new platform to cordova

Hey all,

I am trying to figure out how to go ahead with adding a new platform to
cordova.

Trying to add support for the sugar platform : http://sugarlabs.org.

Can somebody please give some definitive steps or direction as to how to go
about adding a new platform to cordova?

Thanks,
Puneet

Re: add a new platform to cordova

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.
Puneet~

There is the start of some guidelines for new platforms on our wiki, here:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/AddingNewPlatforms.

Are you part of the sugar team?  Would you be looking to help with the
implementation of the core pieces for the new platform?

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Puneet
   In terms of the Cordova CLI to support a new platform, here is the
documentation on what the platform needs to provide for the cordova cli
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign

I will recommend to implement the api scripts in node, that way they can be
leverage in linux, mac, and windows.

For examples take a look at cordova-android
create, update
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/tree/master/bin/
other apis avaible after creating adding platform using create script.
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/tree/master/bin/templates/cordova

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: add a new platform to cordova

Posted by Puneet Kaur <pu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by "Naik, Archana" <na...@lab126.com>.
Hi, Puneet

Recently Iw irked on adding amazon-fireos platform. Along with following
wiki, you will have add your platform in cordova-cli project as well.
There is platforms.js and few other platform related files that need
change.

Archana

Posted by Puneet Kaur <pu...@gmail.com>.

From: Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>