Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Morten Jensen <tm...@skaarupjensen.dk> on 2006/03/20 16:11:52 UTC

Speeding up RPC

Hi,

I have written an RPC webservice with Axis 1.3 and Tomcat 5.0.28 and would
like to speed it up if possible. At the moment returning an array of 4444
beans takes about 13 seconds when both client and server run on a Sempron
3000+ machine. The beans are simple containing just one 11 character
String and 3 int fields.

I have tried with two clients (a java client and SOAPsh) and both take
roughly  the same amount of time. Is there a way to speed this up?

I include my .wsdd file below and can provide more code if necessary.

Thanks in advance

Morten

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <service name="Orion" provider="java:RPC">
        <parameter name="className" value="dk.ange.orion.soap.Orion"/>
        <parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>
        <beanMapping qname="myNS:Result"      xmlns:myNS="urn:Orion"
languageSpecificType="java:dk.ange.orion.soap.Result"/>
        <beanMapping qname="myNS:BayPlanLine" xmlns:myNS="urn:Orion"
languageSpecificType="java:dk.ange.orion.soap.BayPlanLine"/>
    </service>
</deployment>