Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sivananda Reddys Thummala Abbigari <st...@salesforce.com> on 2015/09/01 00:00:34 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Questions related to AdminUtils thread safety

Hi,

Could you please let me know if calls to "AdminUtils.topicExists" and
"AdminUtils.createTopic" are thread-safe?

Thank you,
Siva.

Re: [IMPORTANT] Questions related to AdminUtils thread safety

Posted by Aditya Auradkar <aa...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Correct.

Aditya

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aditya Auradkar <aa...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
topicExists simply reads ZK, so yes. createTopic should also be fine unless
you try to create the same topic concurrently. AdminUtils itself does not
maintain any state, just some static util functions.

Posted by Aditya Auradkar <aa...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.