Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/10/21 14:09:49 UTC

[milestone8] Time for M8?

Hi everyone,

I think M8 is due at the end of October if we're sticking to 3-monthly
milestones.

Shall we freeze next Monday with a view to declaring M8 next Friday
(31st)?  Is this going to cause problems for anyone involved in active
development?

Thanks,

Sian

--
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [milestone8] Time for M8?

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

2008/10/27 Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>

> Ok - thanks Chunrong.
>
> Looking at our website[1], I think we did agree at some point to do a
> week's feature freeze followed by a week's code freeze, so I'm
> inclined to go with that unless anyone has any objections.
>
> That would mean starting a feature freeze later today, then a code
> freeze next Monday with a view to releasing the milestone on Friday
> 7th November.  It does mean we won't have the milestone out in time
> for ApacheCon US though, so if anyone feels strongly about this please
> say now.
>
> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html -
> "Before a release date there is 1 week feature freeze period and 1
> week code freeze period".
>
> 2008/10/26 chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>:
> > I myself thought next Monday is the "feature freeze" day when is about a
> > week earlier than the full code freeze. Sorry for the confusion. I would
> > just like to have some features and bug fixed before next year.
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Sian January <
> sianjanuary@googlemail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Chunrong - just to clarify, I was suggesting a full code freeze from
> >> next Monday (i.e. only essential commits that are approved by at least
> >> two committers).  Is that what your +1 is for?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Sian
> >>
> >> 2008/10/24 chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>:
> >>  >  +1.
> before

> It

> >> 3-monthly

> Friday
> >> active

> >> ApacheConUS.

> number
> PO6
> >> 3AU
> >> >>

> >> --
> >>  Unless stated otherwise above:
> >> IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number
> >> 741598.
> >> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6
> 3AU
> >>

> --
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.