Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/21 16:13:55 UTC

Re: careful on your clicks: at least one hijacked server

On 21/03/2010, Kevin A. McGrail <KM...@pccc.com> wrote:

>  Re:
> http://www.takeyellow.com/apachemirror/spamassassin/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2.tar.gz.asc
>
>  The page in question is a 404 error page (see headers below) as of
> 9:48AMEDT on the 21st of March.  So they are still behind on the mirroring
> and the default 404 they are using is not appropriate for mirror space.  I
> would support a rule that a default 404 for mirror space should redirect
> them back to the original project page.

+1

Their 404 page handling is very confusing - it's not immediately
obvious that the problem is a missing file.

I would favour disallowing 404 error pages for mirrors - just return 404.

I think we should ban the behaviour of takeyellow entirely.