Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Narayanaswamy, Mohan" <Mo...@in.standardchartered.com> on 2006/11/30 07:57:37 UTC

Connector question

In one of my development server, we have the following two entry, Do we
need both of the below entries to support Apache + Tomcat4.1.x?

<Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector" port="8009"
minProcessors="50" maxProcessors="800" enableLookups="false"
acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

<!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8010 -->
port="8010" minProcessors="50" maxProcessors="800" enableLookups="false"
redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
useURIValidationHack="false"
protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

-----------

In http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html -
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector has mentioned as HTTP
connector for modern browser, but when I send request to port 8010, I
did not get any valid output on my browser.

Regards,
Mohan
This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy this email
without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay,
interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

Re: Connector question

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Nope.  You can remove the one not used.  I would recommend you comment
it out first and test.  Remove when it's tested to work just to make
sure you are removing the right one.

--David