Posted to feathercast@apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2017/03/17 12:07:50 UTC

[Feathercast] Help wanted, grunt work

In the migration from a hosted VM to Wordpress.com, some posts got
screwed up. In particular, the Podcast plugin we were using - PodPress -
is no longer supported.

The task that needs done is the following:

1) Search for any post containing the text "[display_podcast]"
2) Click edit
3) Delete the text "[display_podcast]"
4) In it's place, click the "Insert Content" button, then "Add Media",
then search for the recording that matches the title of the post, and
insert it.
5) Repeat until you can't stand it any more.

If you are willing to perform this task, please get in touch with me.
You'll need to have a wordpress.com account (I can send you an invite)
and I'll need to make you an author on the blog, so if I don't know you
personally, please introduce yourself a little. Thanks.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: [Feathercast] Help wanted, grunt work

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 03/23/2017 08:23 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi Rich
>
> Over the few days I've done a little work on some of these. I'm got to the stage now that it is bringing up items from 2010 that I'm having problems to match to a recording. Any ideas, tips, advice?

Oh, my, I had no idea the problem went back that far. That's disheartening.

I guess I would say search on the title, speaker, and year. But if you
can't find a particular one, I have a local mirror of what the site used
to look like, and so I should be able to find individual files. I think.
All of the files *should* be there, but some may be named in non-obvious
ways.

--Rich

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Rich