Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by "Huang, Jie" <ji...@intel.com> on 2015/06/26 13:24:38 UTC

[SparkScore]Performance portal for Apache Spark - WW26

Performance Portal for Apache Spark
Description
________________________________
Each data point represents each workload runtime percent compared with the previous week. Different lines represents different workloads running on spark yarn-client mode.
Hardware
________________________________
CPU type: Intel(r) Xeon(r) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz
Memory: 128GB
NIC: 10GbE
Disk(s): 8 x 1TB SATA HDD
Software
________________________________
JAVA version: 1.8.0_25
Hadoop version: 2.5.0-CDH5.3.2
HiBench version: 4.0
Spark on yarn-client mode
Cluster
________________________________
1 node for Master
10 nodes for Slave
Regular
Summary
The lower percent the better performance.
________________________________
Group

ww19

ww20

ww22

ww23

ww24

ww25

ww26

HiBench

9.1%

6.6%

6.0%

7.9%

-6.5%

-3.1%

-2.1%

spark-perf

4.1%

4.4%

-1.8%

4.1%

-4.7%

-4.6%

-5.4%

[http://01org.github.io/sparkscore/image/plaf1.time/overall.png]
Y-Axis: normalized completion time; X-Axis: Work Week.
The commit number can be found in the result table.
The performance score for each workload is normalized based on the elapsed time for 1.2 release. The lower the better.

Detail
________________________________
HiBench
________________________________
JOB

ww19

ww20

ww22

ww23

ww24

ww25

ww26

commit

489700c8

8e3822a0

530efe3e

90c60692

db81b9d8

4eb48ed1

32e3cdaa

sleep

%

%

-2.1%

-2.9%

-4.1%

12.8%

-5.1%

wordcount

17.6%

11.4%

8.0%

8.3%

-18.6%

-10.9%

6.9%

kmeans

92.1%

61.5%

72.1%

92.9%

86.9%

95.8%

123.3%

scan

-4.9%

-7.2%

%

-1.1%

-25.5%

-21.0%

-12.4%

bayes

-24.3%

-20.1%

-18.3%

-11.1%

-29.7%

-31.3%

-30.9%

aggregation

5.6%

10.5%

%

9.2%

-15.3%

-15.0%

-37.6%

join

4.5%

1.2%

%

1.0%

-12.7%

-13.9%

-16.4%

sort

-3.3%

-0.5%

-11.9%

-12.5%

-17.5%

-17.3%

-20.7%

pagerank

2.2%

3.2%

4.0%

2.9%

-11.4%

-13.0%

-11.4%

terasort

-7.1%

-0.2%

-9.5%

-7.3%

-16.7%

-17.0%

-16.3%

Comments: null means no such workload running or workload failed in this time.
[http://01org.github.io/sparkscore/image/plaf1.time/HiBench_workloads.png]
[...]

agg

13.2%

7.0%

%

18.3%

5.2%

2.5%

1.1%

agg-int

16.4%

21.2%

%

9.6%

4.0%

8.2%

7.0%

agg-naive

4.3%

-2.4%

%

-0.8%

-6.7%

-6.8%

-8.5%

scheduling

-6.1%

-8.9%

-14.5%

-2.1%

-6.4%

-6.5%

-5.7%

count-filter

4.1%

1.0%

6.6%

6.8%

-10.2%

-10.4%

-9.8%

count

4.8%

4.6%

6.7%

8.0%

-7.3%

-7.0%

-8.0%

sort

-8.1%

-2.5%

-6.2%

-7.0%

-14.6%

-14.4%

-13.9%

sort-int

4.5%

15.3%

-1.6%

-0.1%

-1.5%

-2.2%

-5.3%

Comments: null means no such workload running or workload failed in this time.
[http://01org.github.io/sparkscore/image/plaf1.time/spark-perf_workloads.png]
Y-Axis: normalized completion time; X-Axis: Work Week.
The commit number can be found in the result table.
The performance score for each workload is normalized based on the elapsed time for 1.2 release. The lower the better.
Release
Summary
The lower percent the better performance.
________________________________
Group

1.2.1

1.3.0

1.3.1

1.4.0

HiBench

-1.0%

10.5%

8.4%

8.6%

spark-perf

3.2%

0.9%

1.9%

1.3%

[http://01org.github.io/sparkscore/image/plaf1.release/overall.png]
Y-Axis: normalized completion time; X-Axis: Release.
The performance score for each workload is normalized based on the elapsed time for 1.2 release. The lower the better.

Detail
________________________________
HiBench
________________________________
JOB

1.2.1

1.3.0

1.3.1

1.4.0

sleep

%

%

%

-0.5%

wordcount

3.5%

5.4%

5.1%

8.7%

kmeans

6.0%

72.6%

82.7%

100.7%

scan

-0.7%

-3.2%

-1.9%

-4.4%

bayes

-19.7%

7.7%

-24.5%

-14.4%

aggregation

4.6%

7.1%

9.9%

9.3%

join

0.7%

4.0%

8.6%

1.3%

sort

-1.0%

2.1%

-1.8%

-10.4%

pagerank

1.5%

2.2%

1.3%

5.4%

terasort

-3.7%

-3.3%

-3.7%

-9.5%

Comments: null means no such workload running or workload failed in this time.
[http://01org.github.io/sparkscore/image/plaf1.release/HiBench_workloads.png]
Y-Axis: normalized completion time; X-Axis: Release.
The commit number can be found in the result table.
The performance score for each workload is normalized based on the elapsed time for 1.2 release. The lower the better.
spark-perf
________________________________
JOB

1.2.1

1.3.0

1.3.1

1.4.0

agg

1.9%

3.1%

6.2%

5.0%

agg-int

6.4%

17.1%

18.0%

24.2%

agg-naive

-2.6%

-3.2%

-1.8%

-5.2%

scheduling

8.2%

-16.8%

-14.4%

-19.1%

count-filter

-0.4%

0.3%

-0.5%

0.4%

count

0.6%

-0.3%

0.4%

0.9%

sort

1.2%

-3.3%

-5.3%

-1.9%

sort-int

10.1%

10.0%

12.3%

6.0%

Comments: null means no such workload running or workload failed in this time.
[http://01org.github.io/sparkscore/image/plaf1.release/spark-perf_workloads.png]

RE: [SparkScore]Performance portal for Apache Spark - WW26

Posted by "Huang, Jie" <ji...@intel.com>.
Thanks. In general, we can see a stable trend in Spark master branch and latest release.

And we are also considering to add more benchmarks/workloads into this automation perf tool. Any comment and feedback is warmly welcomed.

Thank you && Best Regards,
Grace (Huang Jie)

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Jie! Very nice work!