Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Mukvin <bo...@163.com> on 2021/10/28 03:26:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] How could Kylin 4 reduce the cost of OLAP service in the Cloud

Hi all,
    I am a big data enthusiast and contributes several patches to Kylin project in recent three month. Kylin 4.0 upgrade its architecture and remove its dependency on Hadoop, I wonder if it's benefit some of Kylin users, especially those who deploy Kylin in public cloud, such as Amazon Cloud Service. In the last month, I was trying to propose a new methodology: use TCO other than performance to do comparsion. I use a brand new tool to benchmark Kylin 4’s performance and TCO. Here I want to share my thought with you, please leave your comments if you have any concerns:

- What is TCO, why is it important?
- Why does the new architecture of Kylin 4 reduce TCO in the cloud?
- How to prove Kylin 4 has lower cost?

The full version can be found at google doc at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J1aIyVs9HcfICylWaT_on44cOW5ylRS65heCgN0pf3k/edit?usp=sharing .

Best Regards.

| |