Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Xavier Bachelot <xa...@bachelot.org> on 2008/02/12 00:20:08 UTC

XML::Xerces 2.8.0 ?

Hi,

Is there a XML::Xerces 2.8.0 counterpart to xerces-c 2.8.0 ?
XML::Xerces 2.7.0 (latest, afaict) refuses to compile against xerces-c
2.8.0. Alternatively, do I need to trick it to compile against the
mismatching version ?

Regards,
Xavier

Re: XML::Xerces 2.8.0 ?

Posted by Xavier Bachelot <xa...@bachelot.org>.
Hi Jason,

Thx for your quick answer.

Jason Stewart wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> On 2/12/08, Xavier Bachelot <xa...@bachelot.org> wrote:
>
>> Is there a XML::Xerces 2.8.0 counterpart to xerces-c 2.8.0 ?
>> XML::Xerces 2.7.0 (latest, afaict) refuses to compile against xerces-c
>> 2.8.0. Alternatively, do I need to trick it to compile against the
>> mismatching version ?
>
> Heh, heh... No that safeguard was put there to ensure your happiness.
> It is almost guaranteed not to compile because of API changes that
> happen between versions.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

> There is no XML::Xerces-2.8 series. This is because the code has been
> reorganized into the Xerces-3.0 line - so it is actually part of the
> Xerces-C code now, a sub-project of Xerces-C and not it's own project.
> But sadly, Xerces-3.0 has still not been released.

Any release schedule for Xerces-3.0 ?

> It will take a fairly large amount of work to put out a 2.8 release,
> and my free time is currently used up. I would rather suggest you use
> 2.7 until 3.0 is released. If someone is desperately needing 2.8 they
> can voice it on the list...

Thanks, I probably can live with 2.7 ;-)

> Cheers, jas.

Regards,
Xavier

Re: XML::Xerces 2.8.0 ?