Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com> on 2014/06/26 19:41:14 UTC

Re: postfix question - virtual alias, from field -

Well, err, umm, please excuse the intrusion.   Operator malfunction.  (it helps to actually have mail sent from off box . . . ahem)

>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <jo...@j4computers.com> 06/26/14 12:58 PM >>>
OT, but hoping someone can cut thru the weeds for me.

A new setup, with the intent that this machine do nothing but readdress mail to those in the virtual aliases list, and just pass the rest on, unchanged.    Works as intended, but received mail says it is "from" root@mybox.tld.    We would like this to simply be "from" the original sender.

Is this possible and how?

joe a

Re: postfix question - virtual alias, from field -(SOLVED?)

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Joe Acquisto-j4 skrev den 2014-06-26 19:41:
> Well, err, umm, please excuse the intrusion. Operator malfunction.
> (it helps to actually have mail sent from off box . . . ahem)

next step is to remove permit_mynetworks in postfix ? :)