Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by E Koutsoudaki <s0...@sms.ed.ac.uk> on 2007/07/13 14:10:26 UTC

axis - tomcat "loader constraint violation"

Dear all,
as part of a project I am working on I have to add to an existent Java
based web
application the functionality of retrieving information from the NCBI
web service.
I have generated the Java source files by following the instructions in
the NCBI website
at:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...java_help.html

The source files are created and they compile. For testing reasons I
have implement a
Java application (not web based) from which I was able to retrieve
information from the
NCBI resources.
When integrate the source files into the web based application, again
the project builds
fine, but when running the following error occurs:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving
field "service" the
class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader)
of the referring
class, org/apache/axis/client/Stub, and the class loader (instance of
org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader) for the field's resolved type,
javax/xml/rpc/Service, have different Class objects for that type
gov.nih.nlm.ncbi.www.soap.eutils.EUtilsServiceSoap
Stub.<init>(EUtilsServiceSoapStub.java:201)
gov.nih.nlm.ncbi.www.soap.eutils.EUtilsServiceSoap
Stub.<init>(EUtilsServiceSoapStub.java:193)
gov.nih.nlm.ncbi.http://www.soap.eutils.EUtilsService...ocator.java:55)
gov.nih.nlm.ncbi.http://www.soap.eutils.EUtilsService...ocator.java:50)
uk.ac.ed.gti.utilities.BioLayoutFile.getNCBIInfo(B ioLayoutFile.java:196)

The web based application runs on a Tomcat server and the axis library
files have been
added in the common/lib folder of the web server so as the web server
to be able to
locate the libraries.

The axis version I've used is the 1.4, Tomcat 5.5 and jdk 1.6.0_01.
I have also tried by using the axis-1_2_1, and jdk1.5.0_12. and
generally other
combinations of those. I always keep Tomcat to 5.5 since this is the
version of the
existing web application.

I would be grateful for any enlightenment about the occurring error.
Thank you in advance.
Elisavet Koutsoudaki