Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Edge <mi...@db.com> on 2002/08/22 16:13:41 UTC

Re: cocoon-users Digest 22 Aug 2002 13:11:51 -0000 Issue 1544

Thanks for your feedback Leigh. Your musings are appreciated - look forward to the full article.

Regards

Michael

----- Message from "Leigh Dodds" <ld...@ingenta.com> on Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:09:30 +0100 -----

      To: <co...@xml.apache.org>

 Subject: RE: XSP Best Practise
          Question

I've been thinking along the same lines recently, and am still in two minds.
I'm intending on writing up an essay on the CocoDocoWiki when I get a few minutes.

Current musings:

Model-View-Controller is the de facto example of a 'best practice' way of
organising your web application code to allow the maximum degree of separation
between content/logic/presentation.

(Aside: anyone notice how close the Sitemap is becoming to a source file?
Imports: map:components; Instance Variables: component/global params
added in 2.1; Methods: pipelines. There's a danger there in making this
environment too programmer oriented).

So my general advice is: if the logic is reusable, then make it a transformer/action
so you'll have the most reuse. If its not, hide it away.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds