Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Willian Dallastella <wi...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/12 10:08:07 UTC

Memory leak with kafka clients 3.0.0

Hi,

we are using Spring boot with *spring-kafka* and when updating to Spring
Boot 2.6+ we have memory leak in the kafka producer as it comes with
*kafka-cients
3.0.0*.

After testing, using Spring Boot 2.6 and just *downgrading kafka-clients to
2.7.1*, the *memory leak stopped*.

Here are more details:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-kafka/issues/2056

Are you aware about this issue?

Best regards,
Willian Dallastella

Re: Memory leak with kafka clients 3.0.0

Posted by Kirk True <ki...@mustardgrain.com>.
Hi Willian,

I don't see any recent Jiras that seem to cover this. I noticed two requests in the linked spring-kafka GitHub thread:

 1. File a Jira on the Kafka project with relevant configuration, etc.
 2. Provide a stripped-down, reproducible test case using Kafka (sans Spring)

Having those two bits of information is a good first step to solving the mystery. I'm sure the rest of the community would be very keen to fix any memory usage regressions.

Thanks,
Kirk