Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Scott P. Bartle" <sb...@attbi.com> on 2002/09/17 16:56:15 UTC

RE: Has anyone successfully implemented Jakarta Struts 1.0.2 in iPlanet 6.5?

For those of you interested in the answer to this "issue"...  there are
two solutions that have proved to work.

SOLUTION 1 (provided by Jerod Wilkerson, [Jerod@TheObjectCenter.com]):
Simply move the curly-brace from above the AddDataSourceRule definition
to below it (changing it from a top-level to an inner class) and make it
private.

SOLUTION 2 (provided by Mike Billings,
[Mike.Billings@bankofamerica.com]):
Take the class definition for AddDataSourceRule out of the ActionServlet
and put it into its own file.

For some reason (we think it might have to do with customization of the
iPlanet ClassLoader), iPlanet cannot handle multiple top-level class
definitions in the same servlet class file.  Had this not been a
"serlvet" class, it would have worked fine.  I'm not sure if this is a
Stuts bug, or an iPlanet bug...

Hope this helps!!  Thanks, Jerod and Mike!
-spb

Posted by huangzh <hu...@sict.ac.cn>.
Hi,
 there is an place need to be change at the kregedit of the iplanet 6.5

start the the iplanet 6.5 's  kregedit  tool and move to the

SOFTWARE\iPlanet\Application Server \6.5\CCS0\SYSTEM_JAVA\Versioning\
Set the Disable=1

and then you can try the struts again, hope this help you.