Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com> on 2009/10/07 18:37:57 UTC

Quotas causing data loss

I don't know if everyone saw this JIRA come across the wire:

Looks like if both quotas are full, you lose data.

Time to disable those quotas.. :(

Re: Quotas causing data loss

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@apache.org>.
a bit more info : This applies only to directories that have exceeded quota
(this is not normally possible unless forced by command). Of course, the bug
is a blocker for 0.20.2.

for now : if you have such directories and want to move data out :
  - Make sure the destination directory does not have quota set or quota is
large enough, or
  - temporarily increase the quota for the source directory _before_ moving
any data.