Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fredk2 <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/19 04:06:22 UTC

[users@httpd] any reasons not to compile with -enable-exception-hook?

Hi,

is there any reasons why you would not want in production (or hardened
server) an apache compiled with -enable-exception-hook?

The manual says:
"For safety reasons this directive is only available if the server was
configured with the --enable-exception-hook option. It enables a hook that
allows external modules to plug in and do something after a child crashed."

what safety reasons? why ?

Thank you - Fred

Re: [users@httpd] any reasons not to compile with -enable-exception-hook?

Posted by fredk2 <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

thank you ... can we assume this to be the same risks as the warning against
using DSO modules?
Is there any reasons to think that the apache would execute slower if
compiled with this hook?

Rgds - Fred

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.