Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> on 2009/03/14 13:31:59 UTC

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I haven't seen info about Tuesday's Jackrabbit/Sling meetup being
> canceled, do you have more details?
>
> My info comes from
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09
> and
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupMarch2009
> which don't explicitely confirm the meeting, but do not announce
> cancellation either.
>
> Jukka/Arje, is the meetup confirmed?

Would be nice to confirm the meeting and the date (looks like Tuesday
has more people available), because I'd like to schedule my travels
now (I am not attending ApacheCon).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vidar,

Vidar Ramdal schrieb:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
>> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I haven't seen info about Tuesday's Jackrabbit/Sling meetup being
>>> canceled, do you have more details?
>>>
>>> My info comes from
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09
>>> and
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupMarch2009
>>> which don't explicitely confirm the meeting, but do not announce
>>> cancellation either.
>>>
>>> Jukka/Arje, is the meetup confirmed?
>> Would be nice to confirm the meeting and the date (looks like Tuesday
>> has more people available), because I'd like to schedule my travels
>> now (I am not attending ApacheCon).
>
> If the JcrMeetup happens, does that exclude a BOF session?

No, they are independent. But both will only be scheduled if there is
enough interest, I assume.

For completeness, here is the URL to register interest for the BOF :
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu09

Regards
Felix

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I haven't seen info about Tuesday's Jackrabbit/Sling meetup being
>> canceled, do you have more details?
>>
>> My info comes from
>> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09
>> and
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupMarch2009
>> which don't explicitely confirm the meeting, but do not announce
>> cancellation either.
>>
>> Jukka/Arje, is the meetup confirmed?
>
> Would be nice to confirm the meeting and the date (looks like Tuesday
> has more people available), because I'd like to schedule my travels
> now (I am not attending ApacheCon).

If the JcrMeetup happens, does that exclude a BOF session?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

BOFs @ApacheCon EU 09/Amsterdam (Was: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed?)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> What's the general feeling about the meetup? There hasn't been too
> much enthusiasm on the signup page.
>
> I'd personally rather not overlay the JCR and Lucene meetups, and the
> Tuesday evening is already pretty crowded with the committers
> reception also taking place. Having the meetup on Monday would further
> detract from the number of attendees.
>
> So, I would in fact rather skip the meetup and focus all the energy to
> a larger BOF session. WDYT?
>
> Felix already proposed a Sling BOF in
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu09, and I guess we
> could expand the scope of the BOF to cover also Jackrabbit and other
> JCR topics. The downside of a BoF is that it's only open to ApacheCon
> attendees whereas a meetup would be open to everyone.

I am also fine with extending the BOF (which I actually just now did).

In addition to all those interested in OSGi and Apache Felix, I just now
proposed an OSGi session.

Regards
Felix

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To reduce the conflict with the Lucene meetup that at least a few of
>> us would like to attend and to give late arrivals a better chance to
>> attend the JCR meetup, I suggest that we start the meetup only at 8pm
>> instead of the originally planned 7pm.
>
> On Tuesday 24th, right?

Yes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I would in fact rather skip the meetup and focus all the energy to
> a larger BOF session. WDYT?
>
> Felix already proposed a Sling BOF in
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu09, and I guess we
> could expand the scope of the BOF to cover also Jackrabbit and other
> JCR topics. The downside of a BoF is that it's only open to ApacheCon
> attendees whereas a meetup would be open to everyone.

-1 as I am not attending ApacheCon :-(

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I'd personally rather not overlay the JCR and Lucene meetups, and the
> Tuesday evening is already pretty crowded with the committers
> reception also taking place. Having the meetup on Monday would further
> detract from the number of attendees.
>
> So, I would in fact rather skip the meetup and focus all the energy to
> a larger BOF session. WDYT?...

Sounds reasonable.

> ...Felix already proposed a Sling BOF in
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu09, and I guess we
> could expand the scope of the BOF to cover also Jackrabbit and other
> JCR topics. The downside of a BoF is that it's only open to ApacheCon
> attendees whereas a meetup would be open to everyone....

+1 for a BoF that covers Sling, JCR and Jackrabbit.

-Bertrand

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> So, I would in fact rather skip the meetup and focus all the energy to
> a larger BOF session. WDYT?

+1 from me. I'll probably not be able to make it to a Monday/Tuesday
meetup, so a larger BOF is good for me.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Arje Cahn <a....@onehippo.com> wrote:
> ...Tuesday is OK, but conflicting with the Lucene Meetup. Since there
> might be quite some people from Jackrabbit interested in Lucene, I
> thought it would be good to at least mention this to you.
> I can't move Lucene to monday. So it's either both on Tuesday or
> Jackrabbit on Monday.
>
> Let me know what you think works!...

Looks like more people can make it on Tuesday, that day gets my vote.
-Bertrand

Re: JCR/Sling meetup in Amsterdam, confirmed? (was: sling for apachecon site)

Posted by Arje Cahn <a....@onehippo.com>.
Hi guys,

>> I haven't seen info about Tuesday's Jackrabbit/Sling meetup being
>> canceled, do you have more details?
>>
>> My info comes from
>> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09
>> and
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupMarch2009
>> which don't explicitely confirm the meeting, but do not announce
>> cancellation either.
>>
>> Jukka/Arje, is the meetup confirmed?
>
> Would be nice to confirm the meeting and the date (looks like Tuesday
> has more people available), because I'd like to schedule my travels
> now (I am not attending ApacheCon).

Tuesday is OK, but conflicting with the Lucene Meetup. Since there
might be quite some people from Jackrabbit interested in Lucene, I
thought it would be good to at least mention this to you.
I can't move Lucene to monday. So it's either both on Tuesday or
Jackrabbit on Monday.

Let me know what you think works!

Arje