Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Arand, Thomas (NSN - DE/Muenich)" <th...@nsn.com> on 2008/05/08 12:50:16 UTC

Generation of ibm-application-bnd.xmi files with maven

Hi all,

I'm building an ear-project with maven. The generated ear-file must be
suitable for the IBM WebSphere application server (6.0 in my case).

I'm currently using the maven-ear-plugin. This plugin is able to
generate the necessary META-INF/application.xml file automatically.
However, for WebSphere it is necessary to also create a file called
META-INF/ibm-application-bnd.xmi file.

Does anybody know how I can do it? I didn't find an option for the
maven-ear-plugin (though there is one to create jboss-specific files).

Thanks in advance,

	Thomas

Re: Generation of ibm-application-bnd.xmi files with maven

Posted by da...@davidkarlsen.com.
On Thu, 8 May 2008, Arand, Thomas (NSN - DE/Muenich) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm building an ear-project with maven. The generated ear-file must be
> suitable for the IBM WebSphere application server (6.0 in my case).
>
> I'm currently using the maven-ear-plugin. This plugin is able to
> generate the necessary META-INF/application.xml file automatically.
> However, for WebSphere it is necessary to also create a file called
> META-INF/ibm-application-bnd.xmi file.

Yes - you can use the wsDefaultBindings goal from the was6 plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/was6-maven-plugin/wsDefaultBindings-mojo.html
It was originally designed for was 6.1 - but you might get lucky with
was6.0.x too.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: AW: Generation of ibm-application-bnd.xmi files with maven

Posted by Wouter Hermeling <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

My bad. I looked up in the old code repo and it seems we were only
generating ejb bnd xmi files. For ears we could use the ones which WSAD
generated.

However, i stumbled across this post
(http://www.mail-archive.com/xdoclet-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg10689.html)
which says it can be done with the WSDL2JavaTask ant task. I've got no
experience with this, but you could give it a try.

Good luck,
Wouter

Posted by "Arand, Thomas (NSN - DE/Muenich)" <th...@nsn.com>.

Hi Wouter,

thanks for your suggestion. It would be interesting to know which Xdoclet task you where using. I looked up the documentation, but wasn't able to find one which seems feasable.

Thank you very much,

Thomas

I've done this in the past (before maven2) using an xdoclet maven1 plugin.
There is an XDoclet plugin available for maven2 too. I suggest you give it a

Posted by Wouter Hermeling <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello Thomas,

I've got the same issue, though, we are using WAS 6.1. The issue is related to maven-ear-plugin and maven-eclipse-plugin. I've found a solution yet. I copy a static file.

So, I'm looking forward to a solutions for this issue.
Kuno