Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/30 13:18:50 UTC

Announce: Enjoying Web Development with Wicket (4th edition)

Hi,

I've updated my book to cover Wicket v7 (and v6). Sample chapters are
freely available at http://www.ttdev.com/EWDW

Below are the changes from the 3rd edition:
* Updated for Wicket v7.
* Added a new chapter on authentication and authorization.
* Added a new chapter on how to make a jQuery UI component into a
Wicket component supporting self-contained client-server callbacks.
* Added a new chapter on how to support the Back button.
* Completely rewrote the chapter on JPA/Hibernate and Spring to make
it easier to understand and included the common strategies for dealing
with detached entities in web applications.
* Added more description and more examples on the true meaning of models.

Thanks!

--
Kent Tong
IT author and consultant, child education coach

Re: Announce: Enjoying Web Development with Wicket (4th edition)

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Kent Tong!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Joseph Mokenela <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Kent.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Tobias Soloschenko <
tobiassoloschenko@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thank you from me, too! Great to see some books get updated!
>
> kind regards
>
> Tobias
>
> > Am 30.08.2015 um 13:18 schrieb Kent Tong <ke...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've updated my book to cover Wicket v7 (and v6). Sample chapters are
> > freely available at http://www.ttdev.com/EWDW
> >
> > Below are the changes from the 3rd edition:
> > * Updated for Wicket v7.
> > * Added a new chapter on authentication and authorization.
> > * Added a new chapter on how to make a jQuery UI component into a
> > Wicket component supporting self-contained client-server callbacks.
> > * Added a new chapter on how to support the Back button.
> > * Completely rewrote the chapter on JPA/Hibernate and Spring to make
> > it easier to understand and included the common strategies for dealing
> > with detached entities in web applications.
> > * Added more description and more examples on the true meaning of models.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Kent Tong
> > IT author and consultant, child education coach

*Joseph Mokenela*
*Software Architect*
*MMJ Microsystems cc*
*Mobile: + (27) 81 482 5257*
*Fax: +27 86 594 1921*
*Email: mjmokenela@mmjmicrosystems.co.za <mj...@mmjmicrosystems.com>*
*Address: www.mmjmicrosystems.co.za <http://www.mmjmicrosystems.com/>*

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Re: Announce: Enjoying Web Development with Wicket (4th edition)

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Shengche Hsiao <sh...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks.